FBAAC HOSTS MOTHER-DAUGHTER CONFERENCE FOR MILITARY FAMILIES ON SATURDAY
04/19/2012 01:01PM, Published by Anonymous, Categories:
- Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc., Fort Bragg Area Alumnae Chapter
- Steel Magnolias, Inc.
- Junior League of Fayetteville
- Linda Coleman, Director of State Personnel for the State of N.C. and candidate for North Carolina Lt. Governor
- Melissa Helmick, wife of XVIII Airborne Corps and Fort Bragg Commanding General Lt. Gen. Frank G. Helmick
- Keri Stevenson, mother of the Fort Bragg, N.C. "Family of the Year"
- Mary Leinard, Principal, Shughart Middle School
When: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM Registration check-in for pre-registered participants will begin at 8:00 AM.
Where: Fort Bragg's Shughart Middle School, 4800 Camel Road, Cameron, NC 28326
Why: This FREE conference will provide a series of workshops that will meet the needs of military families who deal with the stress of deployment and the absence of a family member. The goal is to empower mothers and teen daughters to develop the coping skills along with the strategies for handling stress and becoming proactive in dealing with parental and other mental and physical health issues.
Attendees will participate in a series of workshops in the areas of relationships, healthy eating, self-image, mental and physical health. Breakfast and lunch will be served along with Director of State Personnel and candidate for Lt. Governor Linda Coleman to serve as keynote speaker. The day will come to an end with a rites of passage ceremony with between the mothers and daughters, where they will exchange a black and white pearl, provided by Macy's fine jewelry department.
# # #
For information on covering this event please contact,
Tonita Perry, 704-965-6956, email@example.com.