Start your Memorial Day weekend with a family-friendly Friday evening concert in the Garden!
05/24/2012 12:49PM ● Published by Anonymous
Food and beverages for sale include:
- Cane Creek Pulled BBQ Sandwiches with coleslaw or potato salad
- NC Grilled Chicken Cobb Salad with farmer's market chopped salad, avocado, blue cheese, tomatoes and egg
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches, Parmesan and Olive Oil Popcorn, Cookies
- Maple View Farm Fresh Chocolate Milk, Ginger Peach Iced Tea, beer and wine
- Free admission for Garden members.
- Regular admission applies to non-members.
- Food, beer and wine available for purchase. Chair rentals available.
- No outside food or beverages. No Pets.
On Saturday, May 26 from 12 - 3p.m. our Celebration of Daylilies includes guided tours of the Jernigan Daylily Garden Daylily Garden. We have an activity for children too!
The Garden will be open on Monday for the Memorial Day holiday, 10 a.m. until 5 p.m.
On June 5th from 10:30a.m. -12:45p.m. come to the Growing Wild Flowers in the Sandhills workshop by Master Gardener and orchid expert Keith Clayton. He will share his experience in establishing a home wildflower meadow. Following a short presentation at the Garden, travel to Keith's home to see what can be grown in Southeastern North Carolina. Please call 910-486-0221 x 27 to pre-register by June 1st. Fee: $15 members; $20 non-members.
Register now for Nature Nuts Half-Day Camp
At the Garden, every day brings new opportunities to observe amazing plants and animals. Bring your child to half-day camp for three, fun-filled hours of nature programming. Camp activities are based on the State Department of Public Instruction's new Essential Standards for Science. Your child will learn and explore at the same time! Snack provided. Fee: $25 member; $30 non-member. Pre-registration and pre-payment are required.
Age 5 to 8: choose Wednesday, June 20 OR Tuesday, June 26
Age 9 to 12: choose Friday, June 22 OR Thursday, June 28
We look forward to your visit!