Red, White & Blue Desserts
05/04/2016 12:42PM ● Published by Jennifer Gonzalez
Summer is all about family holidays, and whether those include Memorial Day picnics, Fourth of July parties or backyard evening barbecues, these festive and patriotic desserts will be sure to please any crowd you’ve got!
Red, White and Blue Strawberries
12 large strawberries
4 ounces white chocolate
¼ cup blue sprinkles
1. Wash strawberries and pat them dry with a paper towel. Make sure they’re completely dry. Place blue sprinkles in a small bowl.
2. Melt the white chocolate in a small microwave-safe bowl. Check every 30 seconds. Stir until melted and smooth.
3. Dip strawberry about 2/3 in white chocolate and place on wax paper.
4. Once set, dip the strawberry in blue sprinkles.
5. Refrigerate tray until white chocolate is set.
Red, White and Blue Party Skewers
1. Wash strawberries and blueberries. Cut the stem off strawberries.
2. Skewer fruit and marshmallows depending on your preference.
Go in whatever order you’d like, or get creative and try to re-create the order for the red white and blue of the American flag. Try and not to eat these all before dinner!
Yankee Doodle Dandy Pops
1 package JELL-O Cherry Flavor Gelatin
1 cup sugar
2 cups boiling water
2 cups cold water
1 package JELL-O Berry Blue Flavor Gelatin
1 tub COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed
1. Make red JELL-O.
2. Make blue JELL-O.
3. Add 1/3 red gelatin to cups.
4. Freeze red gelatin. Once set, spoon 1/3 cool whip over red gelatin.
5. Top with 1/3 blue gelatin.
6. Freeze 1 hour.
7. Insert wooden stick (Do not twist or pull pop sticks.)
7. Freeze 4 hours.
8. Press firmly on bottoms of cups to release pops.