Date Last Revised: September 22, 2017
CityView & Affiliate Contest & Sweepstakes
OFFICIAL RULES NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Contests & Sweepstakes (“Promotion”) are open only to legal residents in the location specified on the contest in question; must be 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Employees, officers and directors of the Promotion Sponsors (“Sponsor”), its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion companies; the immediate families (defined as one’s spouse, one’s parents, children, siblings and their respective spouses), regardless of where they live, of such employees/officers/directors; and those domiciled with any of the foregoing (whether related or not) are not eligible to enter the Sweepstakes or win a prize. Void where prohibited. Subject to applicable Federal, State, local and municipal laws and regulations.
2. PROMOTION PERIOD: This Promotion start and end time (“Promotion Period”) are to be listed on the Promotion page in question. All times shall be Pacific Time unless the Promotion Page stipulates otherwise.
3.ENTRY. Limit one entry per household and one winner per household unless the Promotion states otherwise. Any attempt by any participant to violate the entry rules by using multiple/different addresses, email addresses/identities or any other methods will void that participant’s entries in excess of the first entry received. No form of entry other than as stated in these Official Rules will be accepted.
4. SELECTING A WINNER. Winner(s) will be selected per the instructions on the Promotion page. Winner Notification: Potential winner(s) will be notified by email within 14 days after drawing or as specified on Promotion page.
Prizes and their values are noted on the Promotion page. There is unlimited availability online to participate; odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received. All prizes will be awarded. Contests may be sponsored, Sponsors will be identified on the Promotion page and fulfillment of prizes will be the exclusive responsibility of the Sponsors.
6. PRIZE CONDITIONS. Prize is not transferable unless stated on the Promotion page. No prize substitution or cash equivalent of advertised prize or any prize component except at the sole discretion of Sponsor, for a prize/prize component of equal or greater value, due to unavailability of advertised prize/prize component for any reason. If a potential winner cannot accept the prize as stated, the prize will be forfeited in its entirety and awarded to an alternate winner. Winner is solely responsible for any state, local and/or federal taxes on prize. Any expenses not specified herein related to acceptance or use of prize, are the winner’s sole responsibility. Sponsor, CityView or the hosting CityView Affiliate reserves the right to permanently disqualify from the Sweepstakes any person it believes has violated these official rules. All potential prizewinners hereby affirm their eligibility and release CityView, it’s Affiliate and Sponsor from any liability associated with participation in the Promotion or in fulfillment of the prize. In the event of noncompliance with this requirement or if prize/prize notification is returned as undelivered, or if a potential winner is found to be ineligible or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules such prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner.
7. GENERAL TERMS/RELEASES. By participating, entrant (a) agrees to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Submission of an entry into the Contest constitutes the entrant’s agreement to waive, release and discharge Sponsors, all of their officers, employees, agents, successors and assigns from any and all claims, demands, causes of action and liabilities (including without limitation costs and attorney fees) (collectively, “Claims”), known or unknown, that the entrant may have or claim to have in connection with, relating to or arising out of (a) the use or publication of intellectual property or specific personal information submitted with or as part of the Contest entry, unless and to the extent the relevant use or publication results from the willful misconduct of Sponsors, (b) the nature and content of Contests, the ability or inability of individual entrants to access Internet websites email addresses or other information relating to Contests at any time and for any reason, and (d) acceptance, possession or use of Prizes won as a result of participating in Contests. Entrants accept full responsibility for and agree to fully indemnify Sponsors, CityView and CityView Affiliate against any and all Claims arising out of or relating to the substance and content of their Contest entries.
No Warranties: Sponsors and their officers, employees, agents, representatives, affiliates, advertisers and sponsors accept no liability and make no representations or warranties, express or implied, with respect to any aspect of the Contest, including without limitation (a) Contest prizes and awards, (b) the form, substance and content of entries, including without limitation entries containing false or inaccurate information, c) entries which fail to comply with Contest guidelines, Official Rules, Contest Specific Rules or applicable law, (d) entries which may be lost, incomplete, illegible, damaged, submitted after applicable deadlines or not received, regardless of the reason or justification for damage, destruction, deletion or failure of delivery, (e) technical errors or malfunctions, whether or not caused by or originating with Sponsors’ equipment, (f) the functionality of the Internet, email servers or websites, (g) loss, injury or damage of any kind caused by, resulting from or arising out of any Contest, entry, prize or related matter, to the maximum extent permitted by law. Entrants accept sole and complete responsibility for making sure Contest entries are received in an appropriate form and timely manner.
By accepting a prize, each winner agrees to the Sponsor’s use of his/her name, address (city, state), photograph, likeness or other indicia of identity for advertising, trade or publicity purposes, at any time, in perpetuity, in all media now known or hereafter discovered or devised, Worldwide, including but not limited to the World Wide Web and Internet, and any and all rights to said use, without notice, review or approval, or further compensation, except where prohibited by law.
8. VIOLATION OF TERMS – CHEATING. Should any portion of the Promotion be, in CityView’s sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, technical failures or any other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play, or submission of entries, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Promotion, and select the winners from entries received prior to action taken or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. CityView are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Web site users, or any web site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion, and assume no responsibility for any error, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation, or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction, or unauthorized access to or use of this Web site or any website. CityView are not responsible for typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of this Promotion, including, but not limited to, errors in advertising, the Official Rules, the selection and announcement of the winners or the distribution of the prizes. In case of dispute, the authorized subscriber of the e-mail account used to enter the Promotion at the actual time of entry will be deemed to be the participant, and must comply with these Official Rules. The authorized account subscriber is deemed to be the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address by an Internet Access Provider, on-line service provider, or other organization which is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses. If the dispute cannot be resolved to the satisfaction of the Sponsor the persons in dispute will be disqualified, and the prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. Anyone found attempting to defraud Administrator and/or Sponsor in any way will be disqualified and may be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
10. DISPUTE RESOLUTION/CHOICE OF LAW: Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court or the appropriate North Carolina State Court. (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and CityView in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of North Carolina.
11. WINNER’S LIST. Winners will be announced on the CityView Affiliate website, their Facebook page and potentially additional venues.
Void Where Prohibited. All Promotions are subject to applicable law and void where prohibited by law