The Lone Survivor Foundation held is first annual Cumberland County Golf Classic on Saturday, September 30th at the Gates Four Country Club.
All proceeds from the event benefited the construction of a retreat facility for Lone Survivor Foundation in Fayetteville, N.C.
The vision of the Lone Survivor Foundation is to provide exceptional therapeutic, outdoor, and unique opportunities that optimize recovery and healing of affected American wounded service members and their families.We accomplish this by:
– Building a nationally recognized therapeutic retreat facility that supports wounded service members and their families affected by Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and serious combat injury.
– Emphasize the use of natural settings and outdoor activities to heal and empower wounded service members and their families through targeted recreational and sports therapy opportunities.
– Reduce the wounded service member’s need for narcotic pain management.
– Stabilize and enhance family structures and relationships through education, counseling, support, and inspiration using short-term retreats and medium-term in-house care and advocacy programs.
– Identify, connect with, and establish therapeutic support for wounded service members’ families that have, for whatever reason, stalled in their healing process with primary government care systems.
– Collaborate with recognized government and non-profit agencies to provide wounded service members‘ families the proper resources for their needs.
– Support through awareness and inspiration
– Inspire and motivate Americans to recognize and offer support, mentorship, and care for our wounded service members’ families