This season, let your creative side shine with thoughtful gifts that are fun to create and add cheer to the lives of those you love.
Turning everyday items from ordinary to extraordinary, Erica Domesek, creator of the lifestyle site "P.S. - I made this," offers these affordable, on-trend projects and tips to elevate your mornings and make your holidays delightfully DIY:
Will you be traveling and staying with family and friends over the holidays? Never show up empty handed! A basket of coffee accessories is the perfect go-to holiday gift for the host who has everything. Be sure to pack in a premium coffee selection, such as Millstone® Coffee House Blend, a medium slow-roast coffee with a flavorful, smooth finish. Fill the basket with elements that complement each other, from coffee mugs to kitchen towels to coasters.
For a gift that's totally unique, use your loved one's initials to create a beautiful, personalized monogramed coaster set. This practical and charming gift will brighten up any table space.
Make metallic your new neutral. A combination of gold, silver and bronze adds sparkle and shine to ordinary morning mugs. Create a set of four for the family, then relax and celebrate with a cup of a dark, full-bodied roast, such as the Mayan Black Onyx® blend from Millstone.
For more ideas to add style to the holidays, visit www.Facebook.com/MillstoneCoffee.
Metallic silver spray paint
1. Tape off handles and inside of basket using painters tape and newspaper
2. Spray paint the outside of the basket
3. Allow to dry
4. Remove painters tape and newspaper
5. Fill with Millstone coffee, mugs and other goodies
Gold letter rub-on transfers
4-inch-by-4-inch white ceramic tiles
Gold paint pen
1. Cut out transfer letters and rub one onto each ceramic tile using craft stick
2. Use gold paint pen to paint the sides of each tile
3. Allow to dry
4. Use sponge brush to apply 2 coats of decoupage glue as a sealer
5. After decoupage glue has dried, add felt bumpers to the bottom corners of each tile
Metallic gold oil-based paint marker
1. Sketch out design on mug with pencil
2. Draw over pencil with metallic marker
3. Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes (hand wash only)