The Cumberland County Public Library & Information Center hosts its annual Local Authors Showcase during 4th Friday, June 22
. The public is invited to meet and learn more about some of our area's homegrown authors from 7 - 8:45 p.m.
in the Pate Room of Headquarters Library, 300 Maiden Lane.
If you are interested in writing and would like to hear first-hand from those who have published books, this is a great opportunity to not only browse some locally-written titles, but also learn the ins and outs of self-publishing. Books will be on sale, with a portion of the proceeds going to the Friends of the Library.
Participating authors and their books:
- Michael Potts, End of Summer
- Sharon Murphy Yates, The Busy Mom
- Michael Colonnese, Sex and Death, I Suppose
- Hope N. Ward, I's to My Soul: A Poetic Train Ride Through the Soul
- Andy Bethea, I Love You, However; Early Blessings; Daily Nourishing
- Suzanne B. Farrior, Froggie Babies, The Hungry Little Bunny; A Child's From My Point of View
- Antinea Carpenter, Tell Me Something Good
- Robert N. Gable, Escape to Haven; Haven and the Circle of Darkness
- Lance Limett, Manhattan Is an Island
- Carrie Daws, Crossing Values
- Christy Judah, Two Faces of Dixie
- Adewunmi (Ade) Lewis, Nine Soft Skills From the Book of Ruth-Insights for Success and Fulfillment
- Dwight Brown, Mastering the Art of Success
- Fred Whitted, Fayetteville: Profiled in Black; The Ram's House
- Hyacinth J. Joseph, When Company Drops By-They Ain't Always Welcome
- A.C. Warneke, Siren Song
- Catherine Poole, Bat Boy's Crazy Day
- Dorothy Hughes, The Journey Was Not Easy
- Anthony Paul Castillo, Why Some Are Not Forgiven
- Leslie Miklosy, My Thoughts Prefer Side Streets: Collected Essays and Other Reflections
For more information about other library programs and services, call 483-7727 or find us on Facebook.