Monday marks the first time the Fayetteville City Council will meet at 6:30 p.m. for its regular meetings since the council moved up the meeting times from 7 p.m. starting this month. The new meeting start time will be in effect for all regular meetings going forward.
Here’s what’s on the agenda:
- Public forum: Monday’s meeting will have a public comment period. Individuals interested in speaking during the public comments period must sign up beforehand. The public forum is limited to 30 minutes and each speaker is allocated three minutes.
There are several items on the consent agenda, which is generally approved with one vote, though items may be adjusted at the council’s discretion. Consent agenda items include:
- Homeless shelter special use permit: An order approving facts that guided the council’s special use permit approval for Cumberland County’s proposed homeless shelter.
- Affordable housing rehabilitation loan: A loan commitment letter to Incrementum Properties LLC. to rehabilitate the Liberty Spring Apartments, which have been vacant for several years, into 8 rental units of affordable housing with funds from the city’s Home Investment Partnership Funds (HOME).
- Fayetteville Area System of Transit (FAST): Documentation for the Equal Opportunity Employment (EOO) program for FAST, required every four years.
- Capital project ordinance amendment: The appropriation of additional funding for the purchase of a replacement aircraft rescue and firefighting vehicle.
- PWC: Sole source recommendations for the purchase and installation of Cla-Val Pump Control Valve; bid recommendation for the design-build services of the Line 54-Inch Outfall Research Drive to I-95 Project; amendment to the lease of Suite 102 of R. C. Williams Building.
The council meeting will be aired on Spectrum Cable Channel 7 and live-streamed at www.faytv.net
Contact Evey Weisblat at firstname.lastname@example.org or 216-527-3608.
To keep CityView Today going and to grow our impact even more, we're asking our committed readers to consider becoming a member.
Take one minute to join now.